Episode 14: How to Run for Office
In this episode Sophy and Kelly talk with Marla Hexter, a Democrat who recently won her first election, for Township Supervisor, in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and with Rebecca Sive, author of Every Day Is Election Day: A Woman's Guide to Winning Any Office, from the PTA to the White House, about why more women are running for office than ever before, and how women should approach running for office.
If you have any trouble finding us on your favorite podcasting platform, email email@example.com to let us know.
- Bowden, John. "Women are running for office in record numbers," The Hill. November 4, 2017.
- McCarthy, Tom. "'Women are pissed': Trump protest turns to action – and surge in female candidates," The Guardian. November 24, 2017.
- Kerpen, Carrie. "How Social Media is Encouraging More Women To Run For Office," Forbes. November 14, 2017.
- North, Anna. “We’ve never seen anything like this”: how Trump inspired women to run for office," Vox. November 8, 2017.
- Simon, Mallory, and Kyung Lah. "Trump opened the floodgates. Now Democratic women are running for office in record-breaking numbers," CNN. November 4, 2017.
- Sive, Rebecca. Every Day Is Election Day: A Woman's Guide to Winning Any Office, from the PTA to the White House. Chicago: Chicago Review Press, 2013.
- Sive, Rebecca. "A how-to for riled-up businesswomen who want to be political activists," HuffPost. December 22, 2016.