Episode 9: Voting!
Sophy and Kelly discuss voting with Maggie O’Keefe of Chicago, who has been working with the Chicago 47th Ward Dems to organize deputy voting registrar training for over 400 people in the last few months and Anita Parsa of Kansas, who set up Leave Crosscheck to outline the dangers of the Crosscheck program in restricting voting rights.
Our podcast can be found on:
If you have any trouble finding us on your favorite podcasting platform, email email@example.com to let us know.
- "Automatic Voter Registration," posted by the The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law on August 28, 2017. https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/automatic-voter-registration
- Berman, Ari. "New Illinois Law Could Automatically Register 1 Million Voters," Mother Jones. August 28, 2017. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/08/new-illinois-law-could-automatically-register-1-million-voters/#
- "Felon Voting Rights," posted by The National Conference of State Legislatures on September 29, 2016. http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/felon-voting-rights.aspx
- Huseman, Jessica and Derek Willis. "The Voter Fraud Commission Wants Your Data — But Experts Say They Can’t Keep It Safe," Pro Publica. October 23, 2017.
- Palast, Greg. "The GOP's Stealth War Against Voters," Rolling Stone. August 24, 2016. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-gops-stealth-war-against-voters-w435890
- "Pennsylvania Governor Wolf Statement on White House Election ‘Integrity’ Commission," posted by the Pennsylvania Governor's Office on July 7, 2017. https://www.governor.pa.gov/pennsylvania-governor-wolf-statement-on-white-house-election-integrity-commission/
- ERIC (Electronic Registration Information Center)
- Leave Crosscheck