Episode 19: The Politics of Divorce
In the first episode of our Politics of the Family series, Sophy and Kelly speak with Kevin Curran, Senior Attorney at Life Span, an organization that provides legal and counseling services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault and their families, and with Marie Kent, a recently-divorced mother of two in Minnesota, about the politics of separation, divorce, alimony, custody, and mental health.
- Marie Kent is the host of My Book of Mormon Podcast.
- Kevin Curran is the co-host of Treknobabble Podcast.
TuneIn | PlayerFM | iHeartRadio
If you have any trouble finding us on your favorite podcasting platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- "GOP plan to cut alimony tax deduction has some divorcees on edge," CBS News. November 16, 2017.
- Lee, Steffi. "Texas fathers’ rights group says state needs equal custody law," KHAN. December 6, 2017.
- Paone, John, and Victoria Paone, "PAONES: Major change in child custody coming to N.J.?" Asbury Park Press. December 7, 2017.
- Ryznar, Margaret, "Thinking About Alimony in Tax Reform," Huffington Post. November 12, 2017.
- Stewart, Kylee. "Illinois Group Hopes to Pass Child Custody Law" WTHI-TV. December 1, 2017.