Episode 47: The Politics of Millennials
In this episode, Sophy (millennial) and Kelly (Gen-x) discuss the Millennial generation: how do we define the generation; what are the characteristics of millennials; what effect are millenials having on American politics; and do millennials really ruin everything.
They are joined by millennial guests: Kristen Soltis Anderson, Republican pollster, cohost of The Pollsters Podcast and author of The Selfie Vote (15:52); Amanda Litman, co-founder and executive director of Run for Something (40:40); Michael Kotick, candidate for U.S. Congress in California's 48th district (50:53); and Spencer Bounds, candidate for Texas House District 82 (1:09:56).
- "Millennials," Pew Research
- The Selfie Vote: Where Millennials Are Leading America (And How Republicans Can Keep Up) by Kristen Soltis Anderson, 2015.
- The Pollsters Podcast
- The Lost Majority: Why the Future of Government Is Up for Grabs - and Who Will Take It by Sean Trende, 2012.
- Run for Something
- Run for Something: A Real-Talk Guide to Fixing the System Yourself by Amanda Litman, 2017.
- Michael Kotick: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- Spencer Bounds: Facebook | Twitter
If you have any trouble finding us on your favorite podcasting platform, email email@example.com to let us know.
"Sweeter Vermouth" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Easy Lemon (30 second) Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/