Episode 60: Southerners on New Ground (SONG)
In this episode Kelly speaks with Jade Brooks and Micky Jordan from Southerners on New Ground (SONG). Southerners On New Ground (SONG) is a regional Queer Liberation organization made up of people of color, immigrants, undocumented people, people with disabilities, working class and rural and small town, LGBTQ people in the South. Kelly, Jade, and Micky discuss the work and activities of SONG, the Black Mama's Bailout Action with the National Bail Out collective, how people can become members of or support the work of SONG, and education resources.
- Southerners on New Ground: Website | Twitter | Facebook
- SONG Membership Form
- Black Mama's Bailout Action
- SONG Donation Link
- Memoir of a Race Traitor by Mab Segrest
- Homophobia: A Weapon of Sexism by Suzanne Pharr
- In the Time of the Right: Reflections on Liberation by Suzanne Pharr
- "Ruby Sales: Where Does it Hurt," On Being Podcast, September 15, 2016.
- "There is Honor in The Work: SONG on the Role of White People in The Movement at This Time," March 24, 2015
TuneIn | PlayerFM | iHeartRadio | Spotify
If you have any trouble finding us on
your favorite podcasting platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
"Sweeter Vermouth" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/]